Motion Center was founded in 2003 as a general population wellness center. The center then transformed into two distinct businesses, Motion Center Yoga Collective, focusing on yoga for the general population, and Motion Center: Mom + Baby, focusing on wellness, education, and advocacy for expecting and new families.
Motion Center: Mom + Baby has newly been renamed Open Circle: Wellness + Education for Growing Families. Open Circle offers pregnancy, birth, and postpartum education; prenatal and family yoga and exercise; massage therapy; certified lactation counseling and breastfeeding support; and birth and postpartum doula services.
Our Commitment is to ALL families. Wellness services and class costs are income based, allowing mothers and families of all financial means access to education, care, and support.
Open Circle Director Kaeli Sutton has worked with over 2000 mothers and families over the past 12 years. While trained in multiple pregnancy and postpartum support modalities (see licenses and certifications below), her most significant learning has arrived through direct experience as a mother, and close observation of the the mothers, infants and families she has worked with. Kaeli currently serves as head yoga-consultant in a National Institute of Health funded study investigating the effects of educational classes or prenatal yoga on mood disorders in pregnancy. She is a community activist working to bring more respectful, family-centered care into all Rhode Island Hospitals, and most recently collaborated with local and national birth and family advocates while heading the Coalition to Save Memorial Birthing Center. Kaeli is committed to supporting women and families through the sometimes difficult, sometimes delightful and always life changing journey of parenthood.
Kaeli regularly engages in continuing education furthering her knowledge of how to respectfully and skillfully care for women, babies and families. She holds the following licenses and certifications:
- Rhode Island licensed Massage Therapist since 2001 (MT01979)
- Advanced certification in Prenatal, Labor and Postnatal Massage (2005, Carole Osborne-Sheets)
- Yoga Alliance Experienced Registered Prenatal Yoga Teacher (e-RPYT)
- Birth + Postpartum Doula (ToLabor -- 2009; certifying with International Center of Traditional Childbearing (2016)
- Childbirth Educator since 2006 (2016 Certification with Commonsense Childbirth)
- Certified Lactation Counselor (2016 - Healthy Children Project)
- Certified Happiest Baby on the Block Educator (2013)
- Infant Massage Instructor trained 2014 (certification pending: International Association of Infant Massage)